- 1 How to Delete Paytm Account Permanently
- 1.1 Reasons for Deleting Paytm Account
- 1.2 Eligibility for Closing Paytm Account
- 1.3 You don’t wanna use Account Longer
- 1.4 Issues with Paytm Services
- 1.5 Use Paytm with Different Mobile Number
- 1.6 Lost Your Mobile Phone
How to Delete Paytm Account Permanently
Few years ago Paytm was the best app for recharging and earning cashbacks but nowadays it gives less offer as compared to its previous offers, However it’s a very useful app for daily use and earning cashbacks from free recharge apps
If your paytm account has been hacked or some reason you wanna close the account then you have to follow the steps to delete paytm Account Permanently.
Reasons for Deleting Paytm Account
If you fall in the category of the problem mentioned in these, then you keep reading because I have told what the solution should be for each region. So let’s see what are the reasons for the closure of Paytm account.
- You wanna use Paytm with a different Number.
- You have issues in using Paytm services.
- You don’t use this account longer.
- You have lost your mobile phone and someone have your account.
Eligibility for Closing Paytm Account
To be eligible for closing your paytm account make sure that it follows the conditions as described below;
- Your Paytm wallet should be less than 1 Rs.
- Paytm Bank savings account & FD accounts balance should be less than 1 Rs.
- Paytm Money should be less than 1 Rs.
- Paytm Gold balance should be less than 1 Rs.
- Paytm postpaid dues should be less than 1 Rs.
- PAytm Games balance should be less than 1 Rs.
You don’t wanna use Account Longer
If you don’t want to use your current paytm account anymore then you can do these below steps to delete your paytm account.
Steps to Close Paytm account using Mobile
Open your paytm Account then Menu.
Now click on 24*7 Help
1. Raise a request to close your account by clicking the “Message us” box below
Tell them that “I have no longer needed account or no longer have access to my phone number”
2. After receiving your request, paytm team will contact you to confirm the reason for closing your account (We have witnessed that many of our users asking for a closure have a different issue in reality and it helps us to answer their concerns)
3. Post this call to verify the request, we will send an SMS on your Paytm registered number with a link to close your account
4. Follow the link to confirm your request to delete/close account.
Issues with Paytm Services
If you want to close paytm account due to specific issue, Then share the details of your query through “Message Us” Box and paytm customer care will try to solve your issue.
But still you have decided to delete your paytm account then you should follow above eligibility and Raise a request and follow further steps that you receive a link in message for closing your paytm account.
Use Paytm with Different Mobile Number
In this case, If you have a new number and wanna transfer your account to new number then you can do it by following below steps.
Click on menu from paytm app
Open your profile
Click on update phone
Go to the mobile number field and enter the new mobile number you want to update with and click “Save”
Enter the 6 digits OTP received on registered mobile number as well as new number for verification.
Now your profile and account will be transferred to new number, You can Enjoy Paytm benefits with new phone number.
Lost Your Mobile Phone
If you have lost your mobile phone and your paytm account is opened in the phone, Then you should Temporarily block your paytm account for avoiding the misuse of your paytm account. You can unblock the account later and gain access to it.
All your paytm wallet will be locked and other services will be stopped temporarily on the spot. You can disable paytm account temporarily by following the below steps.
Steps to Temporary Deactivate Paytm Account
Go to menu
Select “I want to prevent misuse of my account”
From the options, Select ‘I want to block my account’
Submit the block request along with one proof of account ownership
Paytm will send you a confirmation message post blocking your account.
So Guys I have shared all the method of blocking or deleting Paytm account permanently. Also I have mentioned the solutions according to different reasons that are responsible for deleting a Paytm account. You should also do these steps carefully so that you can handle your paytm account carefully in future.