How to backup WhatsApp messages directly to Google Drive? It really easy and simple to create a backup of all your data on Whatsapp and save it to Google drive.
- A Google account on your phone.
- Google Play services activated on your phone.
- Free space in your drive to create a backup.
Let’s check what are the steps to do so.
Automated Whatsapp Backups to Google Drive
- Open Whatsapp. (Obviously, you will have to open Whatsapp to create backup 😀 )
- Tap on the Menu. (The three dots on the top right)
- Go to Chats.
- Click on Chat Backup.
- Click on Backup to Google Drive.
- Select an interval for your regular automated backups.
- Select the Gooogle Drive account in which you want to create a backup.
- Backup over Wifi or Cellular Network. Choose your preference.
If you don’t want automated backups then choose NEVER in the interval settings and you can use the manual backup button option to create backups whenever you want.
Also Read : Download Whatsapp Plus V 6.7 (Extra Features)
I have also added screenshots explaining the same steps below. Just check for it if you have any doubt or comment down below if you are facing any problem related to it.
NOTE: In general, Whatsapp’s automated backups take place at 2 am in the morning as per Indian standard time. So, if you live in India and you do some important work at 2 am then you can skip the regular automated updates because you cannot send or read a message while the backup process takes place.
Take Whatsapp Backup Manually
- Tap on Menu (three dots top right)
- Tap on Settings >> Chats >> Chat Backup.
- Click on Backup
Your backup will start immediately. 🙂
Take Automated Whatsapp backup (Visual Guide)
- Open Whatsapp and Tap on Three Dots on the top right corner also known as Menu button.
2. Click on Settings.
3. Go to Chats.
You would also like : GB whatsapp Latest Download 2019
4. Click on Chat Backup.
5. Click on Backup to Google Drive.
6. Select an interval for your regular automated backups.
Select the Gooogle Drive account in which you want to create a backup.
Backup over Wifi or Cellular Network. Choose your preference.
So, this is how we create a WhatsApp backup on Google drive.
Though You already faced problem for restoring whatsapp messages to your new android phone, For Example If you are Going to Change your Mobile device, Then You may wanna keep old whatsapp messages to new mobile, So backup makes it possible for you, Once you backup your messages, You can restore easily from Google drive.